June 20, 2006

Is there anybody out there?

Alright, so I'm going to take a break here to get serious for a bit. This is a topic that's been heavy on my mind lately, and it's one that deserves attention on this blog. Why? Because this topic directly affects my little acre of cyberspace I call Mattinee.

First, a question for you folks: does anyone actually read this thing? Besides my family, I mean? Does anyone browsing Blogger come across my little blog and take an interest? The significant lack of feedback I'm getting suggests that no one is really interested in what I have to say.

So, what's the deal?

Am I talking to an empty room on this blog? I've tried to broadcast, I've tried to advertise. Heck, I even set up an RSS feed so you don't have to navigate to my site to read my entries! I guess my problem is with the lack of communication between author and reader.

This blog is an open forum, and that goes double for the readers. Leave a comment, shoot me an email, whatever ... it doesn't matter. I'd be more motivated to update if I knew people were reading and enjoying.

But enough of my whining -- here's my "call to action," so to speak. If you read my blog -- if you check in here every few days, every few weeks, whatever to see what's new -- tell your friends. I'm not ordering you to email your sister like, "Check out this guy, he's so friggin' smart!" But honestly, get me some support.

And for the love of God, leave comments! What are you guys thinking? Do you agree completely with everything I say and dispute nothing? I'd hope not. I'd love to get some actual discussion going on here. It'd be fantastic to have a small group of regular readers and supporters who actively participate in this blog.

I've worked hard on this little blog of mine. It's a great outlet for me, whether people are reading or not. It's not like I'm going to take the blog down if people don't start responding to my entries. No, I like writing whether people are paying attention or not. It's just that I, like any other writer, would like some comments, questions, suggestions, or even constructive criticism. It helps a lot to know people are reading.

So, sorry for that lengthy entry. It's just something that's been bugging me for a while now, and I had to get it off my chest. This blog is my outlet, you know.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I know there's a few faithful out there, and you have my love. Expect a review of "Brick" up in the next couple days. Also, I'm contemplating going back to the original "four star" rating system that Mattinee had in its inception. I'm starting to dislike the scale of 1-10. Whatever, I'll fiddle with it a bit. Also, there could very well be video blogging in the near future for Mattinee. That way, you can all see my pretty mug while you listen to me complain about movies. Very exciting times.

1 comment:

Mare Mare said...

Yes i have read your stuff, but sometimes i really can't say much on the topic that you are wanting an opinion on. But i will check more now that you sent out an e-mail about it. haha
lovechu
Mare Mare