July 03, 2006

Get well soon, Roger

This story ran in the Chicago Sun-Times today. Apparently, Roger Ebert is currently in serious condition after his emergency surgery to repair complications with an earlier cancer operation. I've been talking about Ebert a lot recently, and I've even poked a little fun at him in my video blog and a few previous entries.

Do I feel quilty about those jokes now that the man is in serious condition after cancer surgery? No, they were all in good fun, and were never intended to be mean-spirited or hurtful.

However, I would like to reaffirm my status as a huge fan and staunch supporter of Mr. Ebert, and I sincerely hope that he gets better soon. So, from all of us here at Mattinee (that would be me and ... me), get well soon, Roger. My thoughts are with you, and I hope to see you back in the balcony seat before too long.

No comments: